Responsible for managing medium to large scale strategic IT projects to success attaining organizational goals & strategy. Ensures executing projects within triple constraints i.e. Scope/Time/Budget and aware of projects management agile as well as traditional methodology. Eager to bring positive change, suggesting innovative, practical solutions to problems and managing projects across domains (technical/business). Willing take up challenges & managing projects involving new technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands a given business case, analyzes the results of any feasibility studies, and assists management with the core definition of a given project.
• Works with management to assure project deliverables are aligned with meeting business objectives.
• Works with Information Systems and business management on Change Management needs associated with a given project.
• Meets with impacted Business Unit representatives, Business Analysts, and technical staff to define scope, establish project goals and deliverables, and determine success criteria.
• Mentors and assists peers and others in project management tasks. Refines and adjusts tactics to best suit organization and its project success.
• Other duties as defined by management, including RFI and RFP development and evaluation; vendor and partner assessment; business transformation; support of IS strategic and tactical planning, and others as they relate to strategic and tactical objectives of IS and RSL.
• Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables, and success criteria.
• Establishes the Project Charter, defines project tasks and resource requirements.
• Develops full scale project plans and develops and manages project timelines.
• Analyzes, recommends, and utilizes project management tools and software to optimize activities.
• Manages additional project requirements and minimizes scope creep.
• Manages project budgets with guidelines set by upper management.
• Develops risk plans to mitigate risks within projects.
• Develops implementation and rollout plans.
• Works with Information Systems and Development management to ensure proper staffing post-implementation.
• Assembles and coordinates project staff, both technical and non-technical.
• Coordinates the activities of internal and external staff to assure effective execution of project activities. Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation, including project plans
• Manages project resource allocation and tracks project deliverables.
• Reports project status to management on a regular basis, and escalates issues as needed to ensure successful outcomes.
• Provides direction and support to the project team.
• Assists with required quality assurance activities to ensure successful deliverables.
• Monitors and reports on progress of projects to stakeholders.
• Creates acceptance test plans.
• Works with Quality Assurance team to assure results of deliverables meet accuracy standards and facilitates User Acceptance Testing).
• Works with Production Control and Network Support management to ensure proper job scheduling, any required changes in procedures, and any required acquisition of hardware.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as needed.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or other field with relevant equivalent experience.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in Information Systems related areas, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in project management.
• Excellence understanding of insurance technology and systems.
• Experience with insurance business process decomposition and transformation.
• Experience with managing a project staff of up to 20 full and part-time, internal and external cross functional individuals.
• Knowledge of both theoretical, and practical aspects of project management.
• Experience with Project Management techniques and tools.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite (MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Project).
• Experience in strategic planning.
• Experience in change management.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to be collaborative with individuals from diverse disciplines to optimize results.