Physician Peer Review Coordinator
Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Physician Peer Review Coordinator in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474831 is live since 02/15/2018.
Physician Peer Review CoordinatorSouthwest HospitalJob Description
Position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the physician peer review system in compliance with The Joint Commission and other regulatory standards in conjunction with the Manager of the Physician Peer Review System. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to perform all job related activities as outlined below.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Licenses/Certifications: Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional nursing.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum six (6) years of acute care, hospital-based clinical experience in area of intended practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acceptable professional standards and practices
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare professionals at all levels to facilitate the physician peer review process.
- Ability to review, summarize and analyze medical records.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, EMR, Microsoft word and basic PC skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Works in conjunction with the Manager of the Physician Peer Review System to coordinate the Physician Peer Review Process which entails the analysis of medical records.
- Reviews, analyzes and summarizes medical records for use in the Physician Peer Review Process
- Assists with preparation of monthly Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) reports.
- Attends Physician Peer Review meetings and serves as a liaison between various committees to facilitate communication and referral of cases for further physician review, and report results back to referring committee.
- Oversees physician peer review data is entered into the Integrated Credentialing Management Program in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies standards/regulations pertaining to the physician peer review process.
- Assists with preparation of quarterly peer review reports that are reported up to appropriate System committees.
- Maintains knowledge of the hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and policies.
- Provides support and assistance to other hospital departments as necessary to facilitate the physician peer review process by coordinating cases referred for physician peer review.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.