Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Physical Therapist in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474833 is live since 03/17/2018.
Physical TherapistSouthwest HospitalJob Description
Assesses patients, develops and initiates treatment plan based on the results of the evaluation. The evaluation may include measurements of neuromuscular and skeletal functions. Provides direct patient care. Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients and caregivers. May assist Level III physical therapists with program development. Serves as resource to staff PTs. Provides training and guidance to students and interns. Responsible for patient care performed by assistants and rehabilitation technicians.
- Bachelor s or graduate degree in physical therapy from an accredited university-based physical therapy program.
- Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners license.
- At least two (2) years clinical experience required.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to mentor/train staff or supervise clinical interns/students.
- Provides clinical leadership and demonstrates increasing expertise for a particular patient type/group or enhances an existing clinical program for that particular patient type/group.
- Serves as a clinical resource for hospital and/or system or departmental committee/task force or initiates and/or provides leadership in an ongoing departmental interest/study group.
- Designs and implements original staff development program which facilitates the clinical competencies of other staff members.
- The position requires occasional/frequent lifting of up to 75/100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting. Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary. The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients with a physician s referral. Accurately interprets evaluation findings. Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements a physical therapy treatment program and provides advanced physical therapy treatments. Demonstrates competency in performing advanced physical therapy skills. Responsible for patient care performed by assistants and rehabilitation technicians. Assesses patients regularly to monitor progress towards treatment goals, and alters goals, plan or program as indicated. Motivates and instructs patient/caregiver using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with patients/caregivers, professional colleagues to include physicians and insurance companies. Manages time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Serves as clinical resource to staff, hospital, and/or system or departmental committee/task force. Provides leadership in an ongoing department interest/study group. Demonstrates increasing expertise in treatment of a particular patient population. Acts as clinical instructor to PT and PTA interns. Assists in program development within the department and/or assists with clinical competencies. Assists in supervision of support staff. Actively participates in organized community service/functions as a representative of the profession.
- Ensures safe care of patients by adhering to policies, procedures and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and flexibility based on patient census and accuracy of practice. Provides treatment in all areas of the department, which may include inpatients, outpatients, weekends and holidays.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency. Supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff. Assists in clinic education efforts, whether to patients, staff, hospital, system or to the community.
Associated topics: lactation, mhlb physical, movement disorder, movement therapist, physical therapist, physical therapy, therapist, therapist assistant, therapist outpatient, therapist physical