Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Occupational Therapist, North Regions, PRN in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474839 is live since 03/17/2018.
Occupational Therapist, North Regions, PRNCentral StaffingJob Description
The Supplemental Occupational Therapist assesses patients then develops and initiates a treatment plan based on the results of the evaluation. The evaluation may include measurement of physical, cognitive, perceptual and/or developmental skill as they relate to maximizing level of independence in the occupational performance areas along the continuum of life. The incumbent documents findings, progress and provides instruction to patients and caregivers.
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has excellent opportunities for experienced professionals to work in a friendly, team-oriented environment. As the internal staffing agency for Memorial Hermann's network of facilities throughout the Houston area, we offer steady, long-term assignments with flexible scheduling, a work environment and atmosphere consistently ranked among the best in Houston, great hourly rates and benefits that include a 403(b) retirement plan.
*2+ years of recent experience as an OT
*Must have experience or be willing to work in multiple settings, including but not limited to: acute care, IP rehab, OP
*North Region includes (but not limited to): Northeast, Cypress, The Woodlands hospitals and outpatient centers.
Education: Bachelor s or graduate degree in occupational therapy from an accredited university-based occupational therapy program.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners license.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to mentor/train staff or supervise clinical interns.
- Provides clinical leadership and demonstrates expertise for a particular patient type/group or enhances an existing clinical program for that particular patient type/group.
- Serves as a clinical resource for hospital and/or system or departmental committee/task force or initiates and/or provides leadership in an ongoing departmental interest/study group.
- Designs and implements original staff development program which facilitates the clinical competencies of other staff members.
- The position requires occasional to frequent lifting up to 75-100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting. Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary. The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Ability to commit to elected commitment schedule, with flexibility in scheduling and in moving within patient care areas when necessary.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients with a physician s referral. Accurately interprets evaluation findings. Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements an occupational therapy treatment program and provides advanced occupational therapy treatments. Demonstrates competency in performing advanced occupational therapy skills. Assesses patients periodically to monitor progress towards treatment goals, and alters goals, plan or program as indicated. Supervises assistants and rehabilitation technicians with regards to patient care. Motivates and instructs patients/caregivers using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with patient/caregiver and professional colleagues including physicians and insurance companies. Manages time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Serves as clinical resource to staff, hospital, community and/or systems or departmental committee/task force. Acts as clinical instructor to OT and OTA interns. Assists in program development within the department. Assists in supervision of support staff. Demonstrates expertise in treatment of a particular patient population. Actively participates in organized community service/functions as a representative of the profession.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: cht, certified occupational therapy assistant, cota, ffs, occupational, occupational therapist, occupational therapist ot, therapist, therapist ot