Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for OT, TIRR Outpatient at The Woodlands in Conroe, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474845 is live since 03/17/2018.
OT, TIRR Outpatient at The WoodlandsThe Woodlands HospitalTIRR TOTS & ChallengeJob Description
Position responsible for ensuring clinical excellence in either an assigned work group or for an assigned patient population. Responsible for appropriate supervision of assigned personnel and performing direct patient care in a cost-effective manner. Serves a resource and mentor for the staff, students and volunteers while assisting in setting up educational programs, provide input for program development, and serves as a resource for community education and marketing. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and advanced skills necessary to provide care appropriate of the patient served.
Lymphedema experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor s or graduate degree in occupational therapy from an accredited university-based occupational therapy program.
- Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners license. At least 2 years of clinical experience required.
- Lymphedema experience strongly preferred.
- Provides clinical leadership and demonstrates expertise for a particular patient type/group.
- Serves as a clinical resource for hospital and/or system or departmental committee/task force or initiates and/or provides leadership in an ongoing departmental interest/study group.
- Designs and implements original staff development program which facilitates the clinical competencies of other staff members.
- The position requires occasional/frequent lifting up to 75-100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting.
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary.
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient.
- Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients with a physician s referral.
- Accurately interprets evaluation findings.
- Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements an occupational therapy treatment program and provides advanced occupational therapy treatments.
- Demonstrates competency in performing advanced occupational therapy skills.
- Assesses patients periodically to monitor progress towards treatment goals, and alters goals, plan or program as indicated for assessment.
- Motivates and instructs patient/caregiver using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with staff, patients/caregivers and professional colleagues to include physicians and insurance companies.
- Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Serves as clinical resource to staff, hospital, schools and the community in general.
- Acts as clinical instructor to OT and OTA interns. Supervises assigned staff.
- Actively participates in organized community service/functions as a representative of the profession.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: addiction, cell, counselor, msw, npho, outpatient, sickle, social, social service, social work