Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Respiratory Care-RRT-(Nights) in Katy, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474850 is live since 05/04/2018.
Respiratory Care-RRT-(Nights)Katy HospitalJob Description
Memorial Hermann Katy seeks a seasoned Respiratory Care Therapist (RRT) to join our team on Nights. Experience with Level III NICU is highly desired. Certifications required: BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP.
Position responsible for administering basic and advanced therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, including arterial blood gases, neonatal procedures, trauma care and ventilator transports, to patients with respiratory disorders, including patients in adult and neonatal critical care units. Function as a resource to RCP I. Participates and leads advanced patient education. Be actively involved in departmental quality program.
- Education: Bachelor degree preferred in Respiratory Care
- Experience: Minimum of 1+ years experience with 6 months of critical care experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: CRT or RRT required.
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
- BCLS and 1 of the following: ACLS, PALS, NRP, CPFT, RPFT, RPSGT, Asthma Certified Educator, NRP Instructor, ACLS Instructor, PALS Instructor or CPR Instructor.
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting.
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary.
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the CQI process.
- Perform respiratory care quality assurance problem solving and take appropriate actions.
- Performs respiratory care procedures: administers medical gases, humidifiers and aerosols for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes according to advanced skills check-off for RCP II.
- Conducts advanced patient education per skills check-off.
- Takes and follows verbal treatment orders from physicians in administering drugs and medications to the cardiopulmonary system of patients.
- Evaluates treatment program, results and takes appropriate action.
- Performs the following: patient assessment, interpret arterial blood gases, pulmonary function testing, hemodynamics and chest x-rays as indicated in skills check-off for RCP II.
- Develop respiratory care plan and make recommendations for patient management.
- Serve as a resource person to RCP I.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues.
- Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical records and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently according to policies and procedures.
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and accuracy of practice.
- Participates in the evaluation of new respiratory care equipment.
- Remain current in respiratory care through continuing education, participation in in-service training, and review of journals.
- Conducts inter and intradepartmental respiratory care in-services at least once a year to patients, staff, hospital, system or to the community.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: aso, crt, resp, respiratory, respiratory care, respiratory therapist, rrt, therapist