Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for RN Director Patient Care - Cardiology in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474823 is live since 03/19/2018.
RN Director Patient Care - CardiologyMemorial City HospitalJob Description
Position responsible for providing leadership, direction and support for one or more patient care departments, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients; and for planning, implementing, reviewing and controlling the budget, staffing, and robust process improvement.
Position overseeing 42 Bed Cardiology/Telemetry unit and Staff Education department (8 RN Educators), approximately 100 FTEs.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required; Master s Degree preferred.
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Professional Certification in clinical area or management within one year of hire preferred
Experience: Five years of progressive clinical experience
- Directs the day-to-day operations for assigned patient care departments, maintaining 24/7 operational responsibility and directing clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Reviews and approves all new hires, establishes and controls standards for performanceappraisals; works with managers to identify staffing needs and provides for accordingly; coordinates training needs of staff with education department; remains available, accessible and visible to staff; recognizes staff s achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
- Works with service line leaders and managers to establish departmental scope of service, goals and strategic plan for the department; stays up-to-date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the department s scope of service; reviews departmental policies, procedures, and systems; conducts appropriate department promotional activities and participates in hospital market activities.
- Monitors and directs all patient care activities.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Ensures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE s meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Promotes physician input and communication; includes medical staff in planning new or revised policies, procedures and services; provides rapid response and follow-up to medical staff issues/concerns; seeks new ways to encourage new physicians to utilize hospital services.
- Promotes a safe and accountable environment; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, being a good steward of resources, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; coaches and mentors managers, charge nurses and staff; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing requirements and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and clinical competency.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, psychiatric, registed, staff nurse, tcu, unit