Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Sr. Patient Care Assistant, PRN in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474829 is live since 02/15/2018.
Sr. Patient Care Assistant, PRNCentral StaffingJob Description
Assists with delegated direct and indirect patient care tasks, under the direction and supervision of a licensed clinician.
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has excellent opportunities for experienced professionals to work in a friendly, team-oriented environment. As the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network of facilities throughout the Greater Houston area, we offer the following benefits: steady, long-term assignments with flexible scheduling, a work environment and atmosphere consistently ranked among the best in Houston, great hourly rates and benefits that include a 403(b) retirement plan. Apply today and come to work in a caring atmosphere that allows you to focus on achieving the best possible patient outcomes.
*Must have current TX CNA license
*Must have one of the following: CPI, PMAB, SAMA, or TEAM certifications to be considered
*2+years of recent experience as a CNA/Sr. Patient Care Assistant in acute setting is highly preferred
Education: High School diploma or equivalent GED
- Certified in Basic Life Support OR Heartsaver CPR with AED within 90 days of employment; AND one or more of the following:
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant by the Texas Department of Health; OR
- Nursing student with completion of fundamentals of nursing; OR
- Graduate of a foreign nursing program with nursing credentials/licensure in country of origin; OR
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program (Certification or Registration preferred); OR
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in the Emergency Department only.
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- One (1) year patient care experience, preferably in an acute care setting
- In the Emergency Department only, no experience if graduate from Medical Assistant or EMT (Intermediate Level) or Paramedic Program with at least 160 hours of extern clinical experience in a designated specialty area
- Ability to understand verbal and written instruction and communicate clearly and effectively with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures, including working knowledge of basic medical terminology and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with increased responsibilities
- Efficiency in multi-tasking and ability to prioritize simultaneous situations
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and/or extensive sitting, standing, and walking
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers appropriate advanced indirect and selected direct patient care at a competent level as directed by a licensed clinician within the scope of hospital-approved PCA skills inventory according to the needs/age of the patient/population served
- Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens under the guidance of a licensed clinician; maintains simple drainage devices; monitors intake and output, and maintains related records; performs skin preps and prepares patients for procedures as directed Identifies and responds to abnormal findings, pertinent changes in the patient s condition reporting such to the patient s nurse or charge nurse immediately; charts observations and activities
- Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared; prepares patients for meals and feeds them; performs/assists with baths
- Transports patients as needed to and from various destinations; assists with patient admissions, discharges and transfers
- Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment; filling ice pitchers, changing linens, and keeping beds neat and clean
- Assists in the orientation of new PCAs, serving as a resource and providing guidance
- Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues, and ensures clean and safe patient environment; seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to nurse or charge nurse
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes; follows safety rules; works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors; and participates in organizational and department safety programs.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.