Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for LVN - MHMG Wharton in Wharton, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474834 is live since 02/15/2018.
LVN - MHMG WhartonMHMG STMC WhartonJob Description
Position is responsible for providing direct patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician, exhibiting broad nursing knowledge and an ability to manage and communicate effectively with the healthcare team.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Vocational Nursing required.
- Primary care (PCMH) clinic experience preferred.
- Current State of Texas license/permit to practice Vocational Nursing (LVN); and Current American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification or within 30 days of hire.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain good communications; ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees, physicians, patients, families, and the public. Working knowledge of ICD9/10 and CPT coding and insurance procedures.
- Works primarily a pre-determined schedule but occasional requirements to work evenings or weekends depending on patient care needs may exist; ability to float to other clinic practices as needed is an expectation.
Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with a multidisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of care, utilizing existing resources and staff, and setting appropriate priorities; participates in the development of clinical pathways and monitoring of performance outcomes in a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) setting.
- Delivers appropriate care to patients, at a competent level, including specialized skills and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with a multidisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of care, utilizing existing resources and staff, and setting appropriate priorities; participates in the development of clinical pathways and monitoring of performance outcomes.
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies/procedures/standards of care, within budgetary specifications, including time/supply management and accuracy of practice.
- Reviews charts prior to patients scheduled appointment to assure that all requested lab work and diagnostic procedures have been completed and that reports have been returned and are accessible to the provider.
- Reviews, obtains, and records patient vital signs, temperature, pulse, height, weight and blood pressure and reason for visit and uses the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) appropriately and follows guidelines.
- Cross trains to perform patient access tasks, including: take messages and assist providers with return phone calls to patients and pharmacies appropriately.
- Direct patients to examination rooms; assists in preparing patients for examination.
- Notifies provider of patient s arrival and readiness for their examination.
- Assists providers with patient examinations and procedures, including (but not limited to) surgical procedures, GYN exams, diagnostic studies, and treatments.
- Operates and monitors functioning of equipment; hands instruments to the provider.
- Conducts hearing, vision, breathing and EKG testing; records results in chart. Administers medications as directed using seven rights.
- Performs venipuncture, collects urine specimens, and complete lab tests procedures according to policies and procedures.
- Handles all specimens using Universal Precautions. Recognizes emergency situations, seeks assistance and intervenes appropriately.
- Monitors patient during and following procedures; looks for reactions and other visible complications; reacts to emergency situations; notifies the appropriate person in the event of a medical emergency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: lead, license, licensed, licensed vocational nurse, mtp, nurse i, nurse iii, nurse iv, practical nurse lpn, vocational nurse