Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Speech Language Pathologist, PRN in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474838 is live since 02/15/2018.
Speech Language Pathologist, PRNCentral StaffingJob Description
The Supplemental Speech Pathologist is responsible for the evaluation and rehabilitation of patients of all ages with communication and oral-pharyngeal disorders of functional or neurological origin, in order to facilitate the development and maintenance of human communication and swallowing ability. The incumbent documents findings, progress and provides instruction to patients and caregivers. The therapist will provide recommendations and assists speech therapists and management team with program development. The therapist will be responsible to serve as resource and mentor; oversees the development, guidance and training of assistants, students, interns and rehabilitation technicians with regards to individual patient care.
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has excellent opportunities for experienced professionals to work in a friendly, team-oriented environment. As the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network of facilities throughout the Greater Houston area, we offer the following benefits: steady, long-term assignments with flexible scheduling, a work environment and atmosphere consistently ranked among the best in Houston, great hourly rates and benefits that include a 403(b) retirement plan. Apply today and come to work in a caring atmosphere that allows you to focus on achieving the best possible patient outcomes.
*PRN SLP coverage needed during the week (Monday through Friday)
*Must be able to work a minimum of 4 shifts within a 4 week period
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited university-based speech/language pathology program and be awarded a masters degree in Speech/Language Pathology.
Experience: One (1) year of experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Must hold a current license to practice speech/language pathology by the State Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology and Audiology for Texas. Current certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to mentor/train staff or supervise clinical interns.
- Provides clinical leadership and demonstrative expertise for a particular patient type/group or enhances an existing clinical program for that particular patient type/group.
- Serves as a clinical resource for hospital and/or system or departmental committee/task force or initiates and/or provides leadership in an ongoing departmental interest/study group.
- Designs and implements original staff development program which facilitates the clinical competencies of other staff members.
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting. Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary. The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Ability to commit to elected commitment schedule, with flexibility in scheduling and in moving within patient care areas when necessary.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients with a physician s referral. Accurately interprets evaluation findings. Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements a speech/language pathology treatment program. Re-assess patient status and alters treatment goals, plan, and program as needed. Communicates effectively with patient and family.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues. Manages time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently. May serve as Clinical Instructor for Speech interns.
- Serves as clinical resource to staff, hospital, schools and the community in general. Acts as clinical instructor to CFY and speech interns. Assists in program development within the department. Actively participates in organized community service/functions as a representative of the profession.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: cfy, language, language pathologist, slp, slpa, speech, speech and language pathologist, speech language, speech language pathologist, speech therapist