Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for RN - Lactation Consultant (PT, Nights) in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474844 is live since 03/30/2018.
RN - Lactation Consultant (PT, Nights)Memorial City HospitalJob Description
Collaborates with interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process; provides professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).
Part-time Lactation Consultant position. IBCLC certification preferred.
Hours: Saturday and Monday 7p/7a OR Sat, Sun and Mon 10p/6a
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing, BSN preferred.
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Promotes a safe and accountable environment; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, being a good steward of resources, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and clinical competency.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, cardiothoracic, ccu, hospice, intensive, neonatal, registed, staff nurse, transitional