Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Trauma - Nights - Southwest in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474855 is live since 02/15/2018.
Advanced Practice Nurse - Trauma - SouthwestSouthwest HospitalJob Description
Position responsible for providing comprehensive patient care by systemic assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, and in-hospital follow up, affecting direct patient care through the disease process according to the Texas Nurse Practice Act and Employer Standards of Care.
Education: Graduate of Nurse Practitioner Program approved by the State of Texas; MSN preferred. Graduate of an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program approved by the State of Texas if area of intended practice is Trauma; MSN preferred.
Licenses/Certifications:Current State of Texas license to practice professional nursing; certification by the American Nurse Credentialing Center OR National Certification Center in area of specialty OR the American Association of Nurse Practitioners OR the American Certification of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification; certified in Basic Life Support; current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) OR Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). Certified in ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) if area of practice is Trauma.
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Two years clinical nursing experience in area of intended practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides assessment, triage, and therapeutic management of patient/family needs throughout the disease process as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team, according to the age/needs of the patient/population served; acts under the authority and supervision of the attending physician in accordance with regulations, hospital policy, protocols, guidelines and clinical pathways.
- Obtains medical histories; performs physical examinations; reviews/orders diagnostic tests and radiographic results; formulates and manages patient treatment plan and outcomes; provides interventions including, but not limited to, arterial line placement, central line placement (internal jugular or femoral lines), pulmonary artery catheter placement, lumbar puncture, intubations, chest tube removal, and thoracentesis; makes rounds with the interdisciplinary teams.
- Collaborates in the development and evaluation of patient care. Updates clinical guidelines/protocols/ pathways; works autonomously and accepts accountability for outcomes; signs orders in accordance with institution and state board requirements; collaborates in research and teaching projects and applies research to practice.
- Uses interpersonal and verbal communication skills to educate patient/family on care and resources; participates in process improvement and multidisciplinary clinical outcome improvement activities utilizing advanced nursing expertise.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Associated topics: advanced practice registered nurse, arnp c, associate, family, family nurse practioner, fnp, midwife, np, nursing assistant cna, ob