Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Certified Surgical Tech, PRN in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474856 is live since 02/15/2018.
Certified Surgical Tech, PRNCentral StaffingJob Description
Position responsible for providing proficient perioperative patient care through the use of equipment and instrumentation. Position functions as a scrub assistant to the physician performing operative and/or invasive procedures. Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse and as outlined in the Surgical Technologist Skills Inventory; uses knowledge/expertise to act as a role model and resource for other staff.
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has excellent opportunities for experienced professionals to work in a friendly, team-oriented environment. As the internal staffing agency for Memorial Hermann's network of facilities throughout the Houston area, we offer steady, long-term assignments with flexible scheduling, a work environment and atmosphere consistently ranked among the best in Houston, great hourly rates and benefits that include a 403(b) retirement plan.
*2+ years of recent experience as a Certified Surgical Tech is highly preferred.
*Must be certified through either NBSTSA or NCCT.
- Graduate of a Surgical Technologist Program and current Certification as a Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Has five years experience as a surgical technologist and/or has demonstrated competency in two or more specialty areas.
- Certified in Basic Life Support.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of perioperative patient care concepts; demonstrates the ability to perform independently as first scrub in assigned specialty areas.
- Provides support for readiness and flow of cases to facilitate overall functioning of the unit, performing assigned duties as needed.
- Verifies functioning and adequate availability of supplies/instruments/equipment prior to the surgical procedure as indicated by the surgeon s preference card and other available resources; demonstrates the application of the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner that provides for optimal patient care in the OR.
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards of care, within budgetary specifications, including time/supply management and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, and maintaining certification where applicable; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
Associated topics: care, coronary, hospice, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse rn, psychatric, psychiatric, registed, unit