Clinical Coordinator - Pedi IMU
Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Clinical Coordinator - Pedi IMU in Sugar Land, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474840 is live since 02/15/2018.
Clinical Coordinator - Pedi IMUSugar Land HospitalJob Description
Responsible for serving as a clinical expert in the delivery and management of comprehensive patient care, utilizing research and evidence-based practice as necessary; for expertly caring for patients from multiple services/specialties, and for more complex diagnosis.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; BSN preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing, Certified in Basic Life Support, and Additional. certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements.
- Experience: Ten (10) years nursing experience in area of specialty.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs all activities between the interdisciplinary team to direct and facilitate departmental throughput in order to attain positive outcomes; coordinates with ancillary departments such as lab, radiology, registration, and bed board to ensure proper turn-around times.
- Makes daily assignments for all personnel according to the applicable skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served; identifies and utilizes available resources to resolve problems; coordinates and collaborates with other clinical coordinators ensuring departmental staffing coverage.
- Acts as a liaison, to departmental staff, medical personnel, patients and family members; assist in any patient care concerns, issues and complaints; conducts daily leadership rounding on assigned unit.
- Utilizes critical thinking and sound clinical judgment and works autonomously to solve problems; escalates issues or notifies nursing leader/supervisor of significant occurrences, intervention, or delays, as appropriate.
- Facilitates resolution to patient problems and concerns, ensuring appropriate service recovery.
- Acts as a mentor/coach to assigned staff and provides input into the annual performance review of those staff members.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Promotes a safe and accountable environment; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, being a good steward of resources, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and clinical competency.