Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for RCP, RRT (Days) in Katy, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474848 is live since 02/15/2018.
Respiratory Care PractitionerKaty HospitalJob Description
Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital seeks Respiratory Therapist (RRT) to join our growing team! Individual should have experience with multiple service lines but specifically experience with NICU, level III.
Position responsible for recommending and administering basic and advanced therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, including arterial blood gases, neonatal procedures, trauma care and ventilator transports, to patients with respiratory disorders, including patients in adult and neonatal critical care units. Functions as a resource to RCP I and RCP II's. Participates and leads advanced patient education. Actively involved in departmental operations.
- Education: Bachelor degree preferred in Respiratory Care
- Experience: Minimum of 3+ years experience with 2 years of critical care experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: RRT required. Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License. BCLS and 2 of the following: ACLS, NPS, PALS, NRP, CPFT, RPFT, RPSGT, CPR Instructor, ACLS Instructor, NRP Instructor, PALS Instructor or Asthma Certified Educator.
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting.
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary.
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Mentor/lead/train lesser experienced practitioners.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the CQI process.
- Perform respiratory care quality assurance problem solving and take appropriate actions.
- Make clinical rounds, assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of therapy, make recommendations or refer problems through the Quality Assurance Program.
- Perform all duties as described in the RCP II skills check-off.
- Performs the following: patient assessment, intubations, assists with patient transports, interprets arterial blood gases, pulmonary function testing, hemodynamics and chest x-rays as indicated in skills check-off for RCP II.
- Develops respiratory care plan and makes recommendations for patient management.
- Serves as a resource person to RCPI/RCPII.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues.
- Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical records and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently according to policies and procedures.
- Assists with annual and semi-annual regulatory evaluation and training requirements: (CPR, OSHA, MSDS, HIV and Fire Safety).
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and accuracy of practice.
- Executes new product and equipment evaluation process. Participates in the evaluation of new respiratory care equipment.
- Provides in-service education and training to respiratory care personnel and present in-service and patient education programs to nurses, physicians and community at least twice a year.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development of respiratory staff by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization.
- Remains current in respiratory care through continuing education, participation in in-service training, and review of journals.
- Work with RCP IV in research and publishing.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.