Memorial Hermann Health System is looking for Clinical Director- Surgical Services in Cypress, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 3474849 is live since 04/26/2018.
Surgical Services DirectorCypress HospitalJob Description
Position responsible for providing leadership, direction and support for one or more patient care departments, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients; and for planning, implementing, reviewing and controlling the budget, staffing, and robust process improvement.
Position is also responsible for the daily operations, process improvement, and long term planning for Memorial Hermann Cypress Pre-Admit, Pre-Op, PACU, OR, and Surgery Scheduling.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required; Master s Degree preferred.
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Professional Certification in clinical area or management within one year of hire preferred
- Five (5) years of progressive clinical experience; see attached Table 1 for Direction 1-IV leveling Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Directs the day-to-day operations for assigned patient care departments, maintaining 24/7 operational responsibility and directing clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Reviews and approves all new hires, establishes and controls standards for performanceappraisals; works with managers to identify staffing needs and provides for accordingly; coordinates training needs of staff with education department; remains available, accessible and visible to staff; recognizes staff s achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
- Works with service line leaders and managers to establish departmental scope of service, goals and strategic plan for the department; stays up-to-date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the department s scope of service; reviews departmental policies, procedures, and systems; conducts appropriate department promotional activities and participates in hospital market activities.
- Monitors and directs all patient care activities.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Ensures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE s meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Promotes physician input and communication; includes medical staff in planning new or revised policies, procedures and services; provides rapid response and follow-up to medical staff issues/concerns; seeks new ways to encourage new physicians to utilize hospital services.
- Promotes a safe and accountable environment; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, being a good steward of resources, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; coaches and mentors managers, charge nurses and staff; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing requirements and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and clinical competency.