Staff Accountant - General Accounting
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. is looking for Staff Accountant - General Accounting in US-TN-Lebanon, TN.
This local job opportunity with ID 52938420 is live since 10/12/2019.
Cracker Barrel is looking for great Sales Accountant to join our Accounting Team! Our Accounting Department oversees generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for assigned areas of responsibility. The Staff Accountant-Sales Accounting prepares journal entries to record assets, liabilities, shareholder’s equity, revenues and expenses. This position validates sales revenue components for multiple companies and systems. Analyzes financial information and prepares reports aimed at providing management insight and awareness to financial performance and condition of specific corporate entities. You will use strong interpersonal skills to collaborates with others to develop and enhance sales revenue systems and processes. The Accountant provides leadership over sales revenue projects and processes to accomplish specified goals and objectives. Attention to detail, integrity, curiosity, and team work are essential to be successful in the position.
- Balance sales across multiple systems for multiple companies and concepts to include run to run controls from a source system/data repository. Prepare correcting entries if material exceptions are noted. (i.e missing sales, missing data) and notify any areas impacted (i.e Retail Acct, Tax, General Acct) and update any sub systems that falls under accountings responsibilities.
- establish a sales audit process for ECOM, responsible to maintain this process,
- establish a sales audit process for H&D concept,
- stablish sales audit processes for Catering an d3rd party delivery service sales,
- adapt Sales Audit processes for new POS system for Cracker Barrel
- Be the expert on the components of the Sales Audit Process system and how this impacts the ledger and other subsidiary systems. Collaborates with IS to provide recommendations for solutions when exceptions are noted within the process. Understand what exception reporting would help with the system reconciliation.
- Ensure proper documentation is completed that details processes and system flows for each sales audit process (E-Com, H&D, Micros, MAX )
- Work with management/IS to ensure any system changes are accurately reflected in the Sales dollars and supporting database. This will require testing any system changes with supervisor.
- Research over/short amounts to determine the components of material outages. Material amounts not related to a register count variance will be researched to the source system (i.e. MAX, OLO) and correcting entries will be made. Material amounts related to register counts will be vetted with the appropriate level of management.
- Provide trending analysis to management team. Example report would be report of trending over/short by location.
- Provide monthly sales reporting to FPA.
- Provide monthly sales reporting to compensation.
- Prepare monthly sales worksheet for accounting and be responsible to ensure allocations related to sale are posted correctly.
- Work with sales coordinator to ensure that deposit variances have been properly correctly.
- Bachelors in accounting from accredited university and 1-3 years related experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and internal systems of control.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including vlookups, pivot tables, and macros
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse software used to analyze data and build reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of financial statement preparation.
- CPA is preferred.