Allstate is looking for Hadoop Java Developer in Irving, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 29647682 is live since 02/12/2019.
Where good people build rewarding careers.Think that working in the insurance field can---t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You---ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers--- lives. We---ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you---ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you---ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
- Obtain an overall understanding of UCV
- Partner with the Product Owner on requirements and brainstorm implementation options
- Participate in planning session to determine technical designs and estimates
- Develop and deliver solutions using Big Data/Hadoop tools and technologies
- Collaborate effectively with other teams (internal and external) in a very dynamic agile environment
- Learn new tools and implement continuous improvements in support of the Product's strategic visionJob Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years of experience working on the Hadoop platform
- Strong development experience in Java
- Expertise managing large datasets
- Experience working in an Agile delivery model
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-paced team environment Desirable Criteria
- Strong SQL and UNIX scripting skills is a plus
- Exposure to SPARK, Scala
- Experience with Github, Artifactory
- Experience with Cloudera and Hortonworks data platforms
- Experience working on AWSThe candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands--. As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary --- but that---s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you---ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.Learn more about life at Employer. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.