Allstate is looking for Oracle DBA in Dallas, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 29647683 is live since 02/14/2019.
Where good people build rewarding careers.Think that working in the insurance field can---t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You---ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers--- lives. We---ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you---ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you---ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job DescriptionOracle Database and Exadata Machine Administrator with experience maintaining a high availability data warehouse environment. Should have proven Oracle administration and technical support abilities. Able to communicate effectively with DBA team members, developers, and, management. Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle monitoring, troubleshooting, and, performance tuning. Must have experience in RAC, Dataguard, backup/restore and performance tuning. Knowledge Exadata a plusKey Duties & Responsibilities
- Administration of Oracle RAC clustered (12c) database environments
- Knowledge of Grid/CRS/ASM configuration and management
- Database/SQL Performance tuning skills
- Provide 24*7 supports for production, development, and test databases (weekly pager for on call)
- Database patching, upgrades, and, migrations
- Knowledge of RMAN backup/recovery configuration and deployment
- Grid Control (OEM12c) - monitoring, configuration and deployment
- Experienced using tools/utilities: AWR, ADDM, OEM, RMAN, SQL*Loader, Data Pump
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Knowledgeable of Oracle security and policy base process and procedures
- Provides disaster recovery support by testing, reviewing, and supporting disaster recovery plans
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experienced with Oracle Data Guard replication technologies
- Basic knowledge of Oracle internals
- Experienced with Oracle failover and switchover concepts
- Strong partitioning and advanced compression skills
- UNIX scripting, Java/Perl Script, PL/SQL, Tivoli, ServiceNow, CyberArk, SQL Developer
- Ensures stability and reliability of infrastructure components through proactive maintenance and incident resolution
- Knowledgeable of change management, incident, and, problem management
- Provide guidance to application teams, business users where appropriate in terms of best practices for SQL development and database usageJob Qualifications---------------------
- 5- 8 yrs. of relavant experince.
- Good knowledge of Oracle Exadata machine administration.
- Certification in Exadata 12c
- Prior experience working with Global team.
- Production support experience is desirableThe candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands--. As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary --- but that---s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you---ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.Learn more about life at Employer. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.Employer generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.--
For jobs in San Francisco, please click--"here"--for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.--For jobs in Los Angeles, please click--"here"--for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Employer to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.