Claims Machine Learning Senior Consultant
Allstate is looking for Claims Machine Learning Senior Consultant in Irving, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 29647685 is live since 02/14/2019.
Where good people build rewarding careers.Think that working in the insurance field can---t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You---ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers--- lives. We---ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you---ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you---ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job DescriptionThe Applied Machine Learning job family is responsible for researching, designing, and building various scales and complexity systems by implementing supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques. Roles within this family will apply technologies and methodologies associated with machine learning, information retrieval, artificial intelligence and natural language processing. Incumbents will work both individually and with small teams to envision and realize cutting-edge ideas through rapid prototyping, development and deployment. Additionally roles in this family will be responsible for long term support maintenance activities as work moves from research and implementation to an operationalized process. This Senior Consultant II is a hands on, forward engineering role in the field of machine learning, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing. Contributes to the realization of cutting-edge technical capabilities into business applications by applying advanced algorithms and techniques to software solutions. Assists with research of key machine learning technical capabilities in support of Claims, analyzing long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and technology trends, assists in performing strategic venture technology due diligence activities. Additionally this role will perform day to day activities in support long term maintenance activities for work transitioned from D3 to Claims.Key Responsibilities
- Adapts best practices to design and build medium complexity machine learning systems
- Contributes to design and prototyping of medium complexity machine learning systems
- Contributes to the realization of major machine learning technical capabilities in the industry by identification, research and software implementation
- Serves as part of a technical team to implement machine-learning solution; can work independently on small projects
- Contributes to delivery of technical capability innovation
- Develops in-depth ideas and materials as part of applying technical capabilities into business solution
- Ensures understanding of technical matters by non-technical, executive decision makers
- Develops and uses subtle strategies to influence or persuade others, particularly in sensitive or high pressure situations
- Extends capabilities by working closely with senior team members/experts both within and outside of internal organizationJob Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics or Mathematics major is preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years full time hands-on software engineering experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years full time hands-on machine learning or artificial intelligence software engineering experience
- Instinctive knowledge of how people will want to use a product, service, or solution that solves a real world business problem.
- Hands on experience with various supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques
- Hands on experience in one or two of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing or deep learning.
- Ability to adapt standard machine learning methods and best practicesThe candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands--. As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary --- but that---s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you---ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.Learn more about life at Employer. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.