Senior Principal Engineer, Product Technologist - Houston, T
Dell is looking for Senior Principal Engineer, Product Technologist - Houston, T in Houston, TX.
This local job opportunity with ID 39132071 is live since 04/16/2019.
Employer provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company --- we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can---t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a----Senior Principal Engineer on our Solutions Team. This is a Remote opportunity and the ideal candidate will be based--in Houston.
- Support and manage Customers Product Life-Cycle Transitions
- Share change management best practices (Bios, hardware, etc.)
- Deliver product roadmaps and emerging technology updates
- Assist customer through product and solution escalations, also products, solutions and systemic issues
- Assist with customer evaluation setup, management--and testing
- Educate customers on Employers Products, Services, and Solutions with deep dive demonstrations and best practices
- Certify Customer Image & HW for Approved vendor List
- Sever deployments (Preferably Employer)
- Architecture of a server, able to recommend which server is the best solution.
- Drivers, BIOS, Firmware, updates
- System Management, Orchestration, and Automation
- Hands on knowledge of Employer enterprise offerings, including rack and blade servers, network gear, tiered storage, backup, virtualization, general I/T operations, services, and systems management.
- Experience in managing or working in a large/complex environment, along with data center infrastructure, clustering
- Experience with a minimum of 2 (VMWare, HyperV, ESXi, Linux (RHEL or SUSE), Windows)
- Experience with imaging, systems management, hardware performance, scripting BIOS/FW rollouts, hardware error monitoring and deployment.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, and a sales orientation are musts.
- Fluency in English required
Employer is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Employer are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Employer will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Employer here.