Sentara Healthcare is looking for Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement in Norfolk, VA.
This local job opportunity with ID 29593310 is live since 02/14/2019.
Working with the CHRO, this position is responsible for engaging across the organization aligning with the Sentara vision and strategy to:
- Cultivate an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced and developed and where all employees feel valued and have equal opportunities to succeed
- Drive the alignment between the Diversity & Inclusion plan and Sentaras business strategy.
- Grow and retain a diverse workforce.
- Develops and activates Sentaras diversity and inclusion strategy. The strategy should shape and draw the connections between diversity and inclusion and the organizations overall mission, vision and commitments.
- Creates a narrative to articulate the value proposition for diversity and inclusion as an asset and business imperative.
- Creates compelling and engaging initiatives and programming that help leaders and employees actualize the benefits of inclusion for themselves, colleagues, and the organization.
- Builds an increased understanding and utilization of Diversity and Inclusion processes and tools focused on the improvement and diversity proficiency of leaders.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition Team to identify diverse talent pipelines.
- Build relationships with external diversity partner organizations to learn best practices and diversity strategies and monitor market and competitive trends.
- Collaborates with Executives and HR Business Partners to assist with integrating D&I strategy into workforce initiatives.
- Partners with the HR Business Partners to respond to issues that are D&I-related and to strengthen the behaviors and culture that proactively increase opportunities and prevent discrimination.
- Assists the Learning & Development Team in creating onboarding and on-going development opportunities with the goal of increasing our retention of minority and women employees at all levels.
- Partners with Learning & Development to develop new D&I curriculum and integrate inclusion principles into other leadership training.
- Works with Marketing/PR Team to develop a process for delivering communication messages to team members, consumers, volunteers, and others related to D&I efforts
- Analyzes and interprets overall diversity data and makes recommendations for areas of focus.
- Develops metrics and goals to drive desired outcomes that are specific to the business needs and culturally appropriate.
- Prepares Performance Reports, including metrics, ROI, accomplishments, as well as future activities and strategies for D&I.
- Serve as an advisor for health disparities team and supply chain steering committee.
- Represents Sentara at D&I events and in the community.
Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field; advanced degree is preferred
7+ years of experience, developing and executing diversity and inclusion strategies at a system/organization level required.
None, unless noted in the "Other" section below
Proven ability to think strategically and creatively around Diversity and Inclusion's application to HR, business units, and organizational business priorities and have successfully created and led an innovative Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
Ability to interact effectively with and influence senior leaders.
Strong writing and speaking/presentation skills, attention to detail, project management and organizational skills, and excellent partnering skills including working collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with internal and external customers.
Demonstrated experience operating within a large, complex, matrixed organization is preferred.
Employer is searching for a Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement to drive alignment of our diversity and inclusion goals with our business strategy and help us grow and retain a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.