Employer is seeking a Logistics Officer at the Senior Level in the Northern Virginia Area to be assigned to work for the U.S. Government. The job requires a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph and approximately 12 years experience providing the full range of logistics support. The assignment will also involve both CONUS and OCUNUS travel up to 50% of the time ranging 1-4 weeks in length.
- Coordinate and track shipments of classified/unclassified mission equipment and supplies from home base, contractor facilities, Washington DC area, and forward operating locations using commercial and government means.
- Use established procurement procedures to manage the ordering and shipment of supplies supporting deployed personnel (transportation, fuel, housing, food, water, supplies, etc)
- Plan and coordinate the movement of deployed equipment to new operating locations
- Gather and stage material in a warehouse location in preparation for shipment; conduct receiving activities
- Consolidate materials into single shipments including crating and packing; prepare shipping documentation
- Prepare materials for pouching and initiate traces of pouches as required.
- Track/transfer accountable property as it is moved back/forth from CONUS to field locations; update property records as required
- Write cables/e-mails to field locations advising arrival information of shipped materiel
- Arrange for the repair of office equipment;
- Oversee, maintain, and account for an inventory;
- Conduct annual property inventory and respond to other monthly, quarterly, biennial and annual reporting requirements
- Other logistics duties as assigned
- Candidate will be expected to work independently with limited direction.
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years experience providing the full range of logistics support. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Willingness to be trained and maintain certification to carry a weapon while abroad in potentially hostile-fire areas
- Knowledge of the government’s logistics procedures
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AEVIS (reimbursements database), PREMIS/ Maximo (property databases), TRIAD/Go Travel, ACQUIRE/ACQUIRE Express (procurement databases), property movement database,
- Experience with procurement, accountable/controlled property, pouch regulations and procedures, warehousing practices and procedures, transportation and shipping
- Ability to work independently, with limited to no direction
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of agency and/or IC regulations, policies, practices, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge in the use of MS Office, the Internet, and other internal applications necessary to conduct research, complete routine and moderately complex tasks.
- Analytical skills sufficient to assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team and customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ routine to moderately complex questions in a clear and concise manner, report the status of assigned tasks, and write cables and e-mails to provide customers with required information.
- Ability to perform as a focal point for a program or process and report the status of assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to manage own activities and office workflow under tight deadlines
- Ability to efficiently and rapidly store and retrieve information using filing and tracking systems
- Ability to establish administrative contacts and professional relationships for networking and liaison across the IC
- Ability to apply a strong customer focus orientation to understand customer requirements, suggest and implement solutions to customer issues
- Ability to ensure that management, co-workers, customers, and stakeholders are kept informed
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.