The GIMS (GEOINT Information Management Services) Next Program provides critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers. GIMS operates on multiple hardware platforms and combines COTS software with a custom built application to meet critical mission objectives. The program is structured utilizing DevOps and Agile principles. These software development methods emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT professionals. Operational stability is the program’s number one priority. As a member of the Software Development Team, the selected individual will be required to be part of an agile scrum team and be knowledgeable in the technologies described below.
Responsibilities of Position:
•Plans, conducts, and coordinates agile software development activities.
•Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
•Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
•Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
•Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
•Ensures software standards are met.
External referral eligible
· Big data technologies to include: Data Ingest (JSON, Kafka, Storm, Microservices, Elastic Search), Analytics (HIVE, IMPALA, SPARK, R, PIG, OOZIE workflows), Elasticsearch, Cloudera Hadoop (HIVE data, OOZIE, Spark, PIG, IMPALA, HUE), COTS Integration (Knowi, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL RDS, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Zookeeper, Consul, HADOOP/HDFS), Docker and Chef).
· Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
· Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
· Experience with mid to large scale software development programs, developing/modifying/ troubleshooting existing code (JAVA) and COTS integration.
· The candidate must have an active TS/SCI