CHI Franciscan is looking for Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - Tacoma in Tacoma, WA.
This local job opportunity with ID 26197421 is live since 01/14/2019.
Employer Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
As an interdisciplinary team member, conducts occupational therapy activities to improve patient function and prevent disability following disease or injury, and improve patients' ability to reach maximum performance within the limits of his/her capabilities under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist. Provides and coordinates comprehensive occupational rehabilitation care to patients through the proper utilization of education, and implementation of a treatment plan in accordance with Occupational Therapy Standards of Practice. Work includes indirect patient care activities such as; documentation, scheduling, family training, attendance at rounds, interaction with the Interdisciplinary Team, participation in staff meetings, ordering supplies, and contributing to continuous quality control and performance improvement.
Incumbents are also accountable for responding effectively to legal, patient rights, safety, maintenance, and emergency situations; participating in continuing education, staff development, self-directed learning, overseeing the performance of students and volunteers and providing performance feedback of staff, aides, students and volunteers as requested.
* Assists in the update of therapeutic plans of care and treatment based on patient needs throughout patient's treatment/stay under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
* Assists in the implementation of therapeutic plans of care and treatment based on patient needs throughout patient's treatment/stay under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
* Assists in the completion of required documentation, in an accurate and thorough manner, of Occupational Therapy treatment in accordance with FHS documentation standard under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
* Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
* Graduation from an accredited Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Successful completion of a minimum of 2 months supervised Level 2 fieldwork experience that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
* Successful completion of certification process for Occupational Therapy Assistant.
* Position requires at least two months prior experience in physical disabilities and a broad base of medical-surgical knowledge with care experience with the following: neurological impairments, orthopedic impairments and critical care within the last five years.
* Current Washington State License or a Washington State Interim Permit (valid for a maximum of one year unless an extension is approved by the Department Director).
* Current healthcare provider BLS certification.
* Requisition ID: 2018-R0185812
* Schedule: Part-time